Varsity A Boys Top Ten
Single A Boys (January 1st, 2021)
With no upsets and a low number of games there are no changes in the rankings for the single A boys. Here are some of the things that have happened since the last release of the top ten.
1. Hartland Community School Huskies (1) - The Huskies took on the always tough Fredericton High JV Boys and escaped with a 60 - 59 win. Next up the Hartland boys took on the Woodstock Thunder. The Thunder would win 59 - 43.
2. Stanley Consolidated School Blue Devils (2) - The Blue Devils sinply went 6 - 0 since last we wrote. 2 winss over Dalhousie, 62 - 52 and 69 - 25. Two wins over AA James M Hill, 67 - 45 & 76 - 59. Finally 2 wins over Blackville, 83 - 38 & 86 - 30.
3. Nackawic Senior High School Nighthawks (3) - The Nighthawks looked terrible on December 21st in Oromocto when they took on the AA OHS Blues. The Blues win at home 66 - 35 over the visiting NHS Nighthawks. The next night in Nackawic, the Nighthawks would turn the tables on Oromocto with a 59 - 49 win.
4. Petitcodiac Regional High School Panthers (4) - The Panthers put up two wins against the AA JMA Armstrong Cougars from Salisbury. First, the Panthers won on the road 55 - 43 and the next night would take the rematch at home 66 - 60.
5. Fredericton Christian Academy Eagles (5) - The Eagles would go 1 and 1 in exhibition play as they get the W over Ecole Sainte-Anne JV 65 - 45. They would next lock horns with the Fredericton High School Exhibition team. FHS Ex would take this one 90 - 66.
6. Caledonia Regional High School Tigers of Hillsborough (6) - The tigers win the only game that they play as they take down Minto 73 - 41. Head to Head matchups in the East will give us the info needed to figure things out there.
7. Sussex Christian School (7) - Sussesx Christian No Games since their two wins over Belleisle.
8. Cambridge-Narrows School (8) - The Cambridge-Narrows boys been idle recently. Nothing changing for them at this time but we will see what January has in store.
9. John Caldwell School Golden Knights of Grand Falls (9) - The Knights Take on two JV Programs going in different directions. JCS grabbed a win over Woodstock High School JV 77 - 54 but took the loss to Carleton North JV 69 - 63.
10. Belleisle Regional High School Bruins (10) - The Bruins are probably lucky that they did not play. They are likely hanging on here by a thread. We cannot wait to see some results from 2021.
Junior Varsity AAA / AA Boys Top Ten
JV Boys Top 10 (January 1st, 2021)
There was enough action in the JV Boys world to make a little movement, but not much. The top three team may never play but it would be a coin toss we believe. Here is what we have for this edition of the JV Boys top ten.
1. Fredericton high School Black Kats (1) - The Black Kats lost to A#1 Hartland by 1, 60 - 59 on December 21st. Not sure how long FHS can hold this spot without many results.
2. Riverview High School Royals (2) - The Royals won over Moncton JV 105 - 31 and then an exhibition tilt with Mathieu-Martin where Riverview came away with a convincing 91 - 42 victory.
3. Kennebecasis Valley High School Crusaders of Quispamsis (3) - The Crusaders Grabbed a couple of wins over their exhibition JV team which also plays out of the Southern AAA JV Division. the scores were 114 - 29 and 109 - 39. Then followed that up with a game with AA Harvey High School. This one would be knotted up at 30 after 20 minutes, but the Lakers would take over in the second half to win 69 - 50.
4. Bernice MacNaughton High School Highlanders of Moncton (5) - The Highlanders Split with Ecole Mathieu-Martin, losing by 8, 75 - 67 in Dieppe before winning at home in Moncton 58 - 45. For this we give the edge to Bernice MacNaughton as they climb one spot to number 4.
5. Ecole Mathieu-Martin Matadors of Dieppe (4) - Les Matadors had the split with Bernice MacNaughton as the Matadors won 75 - 67 at home and lost 58 - 45 on the road. Mathieu-Martin would get their first crack at Riverview in an exhibition game on the 28th of December and it was one that they would like to forget as the Royals won easily 91 - 42. Down one to number 5
6. Carleton North High School Start of Florenceville-Bristol (6) - The AA Stars from Carleton North pounded Oromocto JV 85 - 23 in league play and they defeated John Caldwell Varsity 69 - 63. The Stars have not lost in 7 games this season.
7. Leo Hayes High School Lions of Fredericton (7) - The Lions only games recently have been against Varsity AA Ecole Sainte-Anne. The Castors beat the Lions 71 - 46 at the Lions Den and then the next night at home 88 - 47.
8. Rothesay High School Red Hawks (9) - The Red Hawks Played the back end of they home and home with St. Stephen and won that game 66 - 24. They would follow that up with an impressive win at home against Saint John JV. The Red Hawks won 72 - 64.
9. Saint John High School Greyhounds (8) - The Greyhounds Have that 8 point loss to Rothesay JV 72 - 64 to thank for there drop in the ranking. The Hounds fall to 9th.
10. Woodstock High School Thunder (10) - The Woodstock High School Thunder JV Boys played just a single game recently. It was a 77 - 54 lost at the hands of the Varsity A John Caldwell School Golden Knights. This is not a great result for the Thunder and they will need better results to hold on here as were get more league results from around the province flowing in soon when school is back in session.